[U-Boot] Doubt on uboot code

VISWANADHULA BALAJI vbalaji39 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:51:00 CEST 2012

Hi,

          Thank you for your reply.

     I have the U-boot source code of SAMSUNG EXYNOS SMDKV310 board. When i
compiled the U-boot source code I got uboot.bin file and bl1.bin file.
Actually bl1.bin file is extracted from the uboot.bin file by using the
mkbl2 tool(tool's source code is present in the U-boot source itself)and
used as a first stage bootloader.Uboot.bin file is used as a second stage
bootloader.

       "bl1.bin responsibility is to load the second stage bootloader from
the sd card to SD RAM".*I have the doubt in the bl1.bin file *how the above
mentioned transforming  is done from the following device copy function.

       #define SDMMC_ReadBlocks_eMMC_ByCPU(uNumOfBlks, uDstAddr) \
        (((void(*)(u32, u32*))(*((u32
*)EXT_eMMC43_BL2_ByCPU_ADDRESS)))(uNumOfBlks, uDstAddr))

The above MACRO is the Physical adress which is mapped to IRAM

The above indirect function is present in the following source code path

         board/samsung/smdkv310/lowlevel_init.S.

Actually I have to design the IROM code similar to SAMSUNG EXYNOS SOC.
Please Help me in this.

Thanks

Balaji