[U-Boot] __led_set usage is inconsistent

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Jul 13 14:30:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

I hope that this is not a common question. I have read doc/README.LED,
compiled in the GPIO LED driver, provided my GPIO number, enabled the
LED command and then noticed that "led 0 on" didn't do what I wanted.

It appears that the semantic of "state" in __led_set(mask, state) is
used in two different ways.

1.) status_led_set is using STATUS_LED_ON|STATUS_LED_OFF for the state
parameter.
2.) cmd_led.c is using 0|1 when calling __led_set.

The confusing is in the implementation as well.
1.) drivers/misc/gpio_led.c expects it to be STATUS_LED_*
2.) board/ti/beagle/led.c wants 0|1

Which part of the code is right? Will a patch to use an enum for the
state be appreciated?

holger