[U-Boot] USB on mx53

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon Jul 16 08:59:56 CEST 2012

On 16/07/2012 08:26, Andreas Salvisberg wrote:
> Dear Mr. Babic

Hi,

please use the U-Boot ML for U-Boot related questions. You will find
much more help than asking to a single person and your questions can
interest many other people.

> I try to run a USB Host on a i.MX53 Board. Unfortunately USB does not
> work. I got the following error message: „EHCI timed out on TD -
> token=0x80008c80“.
>

> On a discussion on GMANE I found a post of you, that you run USB on a
> mx53_loco.
>
> Can you tell me on which source base you are working?

I tested when patches were submitted on a MX53QSB. I have tried now, and
USB seems working.

U-Boot 2011.12-00518-gf56cab3 (Mar 23 2012 - 13:03:38)

CPU:   Freescale i.MX53 rev2.1 at 800 MHz
Reset cause: POR
Board: MX53 LOCO
DRAM:  1 GiB
WARNING: Caches not enabled
MMC:   FSL_SDHC: 0, FSL_SDHC: 1
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   FEC
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
MX53LOCO U-Boot > usb start
(Re)start USB...
USB:   Register 10011 NbrPorts 1
USB EHCI 1.00
scanning bus for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
       scanning bus for ethernet devices... 0 Ethernet Device(s) found

However, with last TOT I get errors:

ERROR: v7_dcache_inval_range - stop address is not aligned - 0xaf56b960

and of course it is not working. Some "git bisect" is needed here...

> Do you use the UBoot sources from Freescale?

Absolutely not, only mainline U-Boot.

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de