[U-Boot] Notes from the U-Boot BOF Meeting in Geneva 2012/07/12

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Jul 23 22:53:54 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 04:40:27PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:

[snip]
> The other problem is how to find the boards that actually need rebuild on per-
> patch basis. And for generic patches, we'll need to do MAKEALL across all
> architectures anyway, which takes a bit of time.

I think we (custodians) need to define representative sets.  For TI
stuff, you don't need to hit every omap3 board, but just a handful to be
good enough.  And while my PowerPC is rusty, I know we don't need to
build as many combinations of boards as we do to be happy in an
every-patch build (just nightly / once there's changes live on wd's
master branch would be the world).

--
Tom