[U-Boot] bdi3000 configurtio file for mpc8308RDB

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 26 19:05:46 CEST 2012

Hi Wolfgang and Avner (and the Freescale developers),

>> I need bdi3000 reg file and u-boot configuration file for MPB8308RDB
>> Where can I find those fies?
>
> The register files provided with the Abatron firmware are generic
> enough. We used the reg8313e.def with the MPC7308RDB.
>
> As for the config file, see the attachment.

I've just purchased a couple of these boards, so thanks for the
configuration file Wolfgang.

I'm planning on using this processor as a PCIe end-point in
a CompactPCI Serial (CPCI-S.0) board.

I used the MPC8349EA on the CompactPCI incarnation of this type
of hardware (based on Wolfgang's recommendation of the part):

http://www.ovro.caltech.edu/~dwh/carma_board/

Ira Snyder worked on the U-Boot and PowerPC code, and he's pushed
all the work we've done into the mainline U-Boot and Linux trees,
i.e., we give back to the community :)

The MPC8308 processor will essentially act as a PCI Express bridge
to some data processing FPGAs.

Grazing through the MPC8308 errata, there don't appear to be any
major 'gotchas' with this part. The local bus is not multiplexed,
so I'll need some minor changes to my UPM bridge logic, but
other than that it looks very similar to the MPC8349EA.

Has anyone had any bad experiences with this part, or is there
some 'feature' of the part I should be aware of?

Just looking for comments/feedback.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Dave