[U-Boot] bdi3000 configurtio file for mpc8308RDB

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 26 21:24:29 CEST 2012

Dear David Hawkins,

In message <50118FE1.2000806 at ovro.caltech.edu> you wrote:

> In your opinion, is MPC8308 USB Device Mode completely broken?

Define completely...

When acting as a mass storage device, we saw some ~14 MB/s throughput
to the device when the bug did not trigger;  when it did, we got 1.8
MB/s and less, and many device reset messages in the system logs.

> How about USB Host mode? The board will communicate with a rear
> transition module (another board plugged in from the rear side
> of the chassis). If MPC8308 USB Host Mode is reliable, then I can
> wire the USB interface through the backplane for use on the
> RTM, eg., for talking to an FT245/232 device or a USB microcontroller.

Host mode workes fine.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If some day we are defeated, well, war has  its  fortunes,  good  and
bad.
	-- Commander Kor, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7