[U-Boot] [U-Boot-DM] List of offending drivers

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 03:08:27 CEST 2012

Hi Marek,

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Check the following list, it's the list of drivers scattered (misplaced) across
> the tree. The list is not complete and might be inaccurate. But it should give a
> good impression of what I'm going to break soon:
>
> arch/x86/cpu/sc520/sc520_pci.c
> board/eNET/eNET_pci.c

Hmm, I'm wondering what where the line between 'driver' and 'arch/board
specific driver glue' is? How was this list generated?

You seem to have missed sc520_ssi.c and sc520_timer.c

board/eNET/eNET_pci.c only contains:

pci_enet_fixup_irq() - Board specific configuration of PCI interrupt lines.
This is a platform function which is specified when the board initialises
the PCI driver. Note that this function calls pci_sc520_set_irq() which is
located on arch/x86/cpu/sc520/sc520_pci.c (see below)

pci_init_board() - One line wrapper for pci_sc520_init() which should get
dropped once the driver model and init sequence (if that gets looked at
again) refactoring

pci_set_regions() - Configure the board-specific PCI memory and I/O regions

arch/x86/cpu/sc520/sc520_pci.c contains:
pci_sc520_set_irq() - A support function for board-specific PCI interrupt
line configuration
pci_sc520_init() - SC520 specific PCI driver initialisation

So neither of these files are 'drivers' per-se. They are really just
initialisation and platform specific support functions. How do these fit
into the new driver model?

Regards,

Graeme