[U-Boot] dwc_ahsata vs ahci

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Sun Jul 29 08:55:40 CEST 2012

On 28/07/2012 15:44, Pavel Herrmann wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Pavel,

> While working on the DM project, I found out that there are two
> implementations of AHCI drivers - one in block/ahci.c, one in
> block/dwc_ahsata.c

ooopppss !

> what is the difference between them (apart from the obvious, ahci.c exposes
> SCSI API, dwc_ahsata exposes SATA API)? are there any problems that would
> prevent me from merging them?

No, there are not evident reasons !

dwc_asata was inserted to add SATA support for Freescale MX5 family, and
I missed that a similar driver was already in u-boot. dwc_ahsata was
ported from Freescale's u-boot, and linked only for MX5 / MX6 SOCs. I
think it is a very good idea to merge the two drivers (dwc_ahsata seems
an updated version of the original driver), thanks to note this !

Best regards,
Stefano Babic

Phone: +49-8142-66989-53 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: sbabic at denx.de