[U-Boot] multichannel mmc strangeness on omap

Steve Sakoman steve at sakoman.com
Mon Jul 30 18:50:39 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:

>> After adding a few printf's, it seems that the crash/hang is occurring
>> when calling env_relocate_spec in env_nand.c, which of course is
>> completely unrelated code!
>
> I've spent some time scratching my head against a hang in the same spot,
> on am335x.  I only have seen it when booting from NAND (same image from
> MMC or UART is fine).  Further, it only showed up when a change was made
> in another driver which isn't even entered before the hang.

In order to keep making progress on hardware bringup I swapped the
base register pointer setup for mmc2 and mmc3 since enabling mmc2 in
the board file didn't seem to cause the hang.

With this change the mmc3 port hardware worked as expected.

What a strange bug!  I have a feeling that this is going to be a real
bear to find root cause.

Steve