[U-Boot] usb_test_unit_ready called every block read - performance

Jim Shimer mgi2475 at motorola.com
Mon Jul 30 21:18:08 CEST 2012

While tuning ext2load, we found that usb_test_unit_ready was being called
every block read.  We compared the usb block storage to the scsi block
storage cmd_scsi.c, and found that the scsi device was only calling its
scsi_setup_test_unit_ready() during scsi_can.  It appears that
usb_test_unit_ready() really only needs to be called once during
usb_stor_scan(), via usb_stor_get_info().   Is there a particular reason
usb_test_unit_ready is called for every block read, or do you think its ok
to only call during usb_stor_scan()?  We're finding this speeds up ext2load
quite a bit.

Regards,
Jim

--