[U-Boot] Which version of u-boot contains support for twrmpc5125

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 8 00:05:28 CEST 2012

Dear Rudy,

In message <7A6A685F2AD2C242812385088F128C121C5A33259E at AUSP01VMBX02.collaborationhost.net> you wrote:

> The latest version does not appear to contain support for the the
> twrmpc5125 processor because the following command issued in the
> u-boot installation directory yields nothing.
>
> $grep 5125  Makefile.

Your result is correct (there is no support for MPC5125 in mainline
U-Boot), even though your test is actually wrong - you should have
looked inboards.cfg instead of Makefile.

> My question is, how do you know which version of u-boot contains the
> most current source code with Freescale MPC5121e support that may be
> obtained from the DENX website. This source code would contain the
> most recent bug-fixes and feature updates.

There is no such code in mainline.  Nobody ever bothered to submit
patches.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Virtue is a relative term.
	-- Spock, "Friday's Child", stardate 3499.1