[U-Boot] Possible PHYLIB issue

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Sat Jun 9 17:02:28 CEST 2012

Hi Joe,

I'm sending you this snipped of network-related problem (maybe). It's from u-
boot IRC.

23:32 < demigod2k> you said a few hours ago to look at PHYLIB
23:32 < demigod2k> it defers the config properly
23:32 < demigod2k> however in drivers/net/phy/marvell.c for example, the values
in _config don't belong in that file. they're not universal config. they're
different for every
                   board depending how you've hooked up the i/o or strapped the
chip
23:33 < demigod2k> so somebody using CONFIG_PHY_MARVELL needs to modify and edit
drivers/net/phy/marvell.c with values appropriate to their board
23:33 < demigod2k> no big deal I just did it in my local copy
23:49 < demigod2k> and a related problem -- with new ethernet separation, a
register step and a deferred initialization step in eth_init() the variables
ethprime and ethact don't
                   work quite right
23:50 < demigod2k> README.drivers.eth doesn't say if you need to check link
status in eth_init and rather few of the drivers do it.... but if you don't
return an error for "link
                   down" in eth_init the round robin behavior doesn't work and
uboot won't cycle through eth0, eth1, eth2, etc.. checking for a link
23:50 < demigod2k> I'm out. Hopefully somebody sees that later!