[U-Boot] Acccessing IRAM in MX53

Teemu Keskinarkaus teemu.keskinarkaus at crosscontrol.com
Mon Jun 11 11:09:36 CEST 2012

Hi,

I need to access IRAM from U-boot in MX53 based HW. This is part of the data transfer between kernel and U-boot. I've already done the kernel part and now I need to do the U-boot part.

I tried this:

#define IRAM_ADDRESS IRAM_BASE_ADDR + IRAM_SIZE - SZ_4K

unsigned long *iram = (unsigned long*)IRAM_ADDRESS;
unsigned long data;

data = *iram;

But with that code the U-boot just gets stuck when trying to access the IRAM. I looked and it seems that IRAM is added to MMU definitions and virtual address is the same as physical.

So questions is. How should I access the IRAM if the method I'm using is not correct or what's wrong in my method?

Teemu Keskinarkaus