[U-Boot] arm, da850: lcd initialization via spi

Gabriele Filosofi GabrieleF at cosmed.it
Thu Jun 28 09:04:11 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I've ported the code from da850 evm to a AM1808-based custom board.
The original u-boot version is u-boot-2011.12-rc1.
The board has a LCD 240x320. Its controller is a ILI9340 and must be initialized via SPI1 interface, chip select #2, 9-bits per word.
Please note that I do not need to enable the da850's embedded lcd controller (the kernel will do that), I just have to write a sequence of 9-bit commands out to the SPI.
Is u-boot the right place where such a initialization has to be done ?
Is there anybody out there who faced a similar problem and eventually can suggest me a reference code within u-boot ?

Thanks,

Gabriele