[U-Boot] i.MX6: mx6qsabrelite: allow use with Freescale 2.6.38 kernels

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Mar 3 00:25:45 CET 2012

Dear Eric Nelson,

In message <1330728909-12203-1-git-send-email-eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com> you wrote:
> This series of patches is needed to allow main-line U-Boot to be used
> with Freescale's Linux 2.6.38 non-DT kernel releases.
>
> These releases currently require at least the machine type and
> revision atag entries and are configured to load boot scripts from
> the ext3 filesystem.

Is this really needed?  I feel we should rather focus on current
mainline kernel code and support that well instead of adding backward
compatibility complexity for old, obsolete code.

People who want to run FSL kernels should be able run FSL's version
of U-Boot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No journaling file system can recover your data if the disk dies.
                                 - Steve Rago in <D4Cw1p.L9E at plc.com>