[U-Boot] Building imximage for mx53ard board, supporting NAND and YAFFS2

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:53:24 CET 2012

On 3/6/12, Bud Miljkovic <Bud_Miljkovic at trimble.com> wrote:

> However, I would want to initially boot from SD-card and I would like to
> be able to generate an imx image of the u-boot when running make.

Booting from SD card was the only boot method I tested on mx53ard in
mainline U-boot.

All you need to do is:

make mx53ard_config
make u-boot.imx

Then flash u-boot.imx into the SD card as per instructions from
doc/README.imximage

Booting from NAND I haven't tested, but the procedure to generate
u-boot.imx is the same.

Please note that the boot from NAND relies on the mx53 ROM. If you
need to store environment variables in NAND, for example, then you
would need to add support for mx5 nand driver.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam