[U-Boot] Problem in loading kernel image by u-boot..

Manish manishsurolia at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:31:18 CET 2012

Hi,

I have Uboot loaded in my Coldire processor.
My Kernel build for uClinux finally created few files (image.bin
linux.bin  romfs.img  romfs-inst.log) in the images folder and copied
image.bin to the /tftp of my system.
So, I think image.bin is the one which will be loaded in my coldfire board.

But when I tried load it (by TeraTerm) in coldfire with below u-boot
commands(tftp and bootm), it fails with error:

-> tftp 0x41000000 uImage-5329     (renamed image.bin )

-> bootm 0x41000000
Wrong Image Format for bootm command
ERROR: can't get kernel image!

Can you please tell me how to make this binary loadable by uboot?

my u-boot version is below:

U-Boot 2008.10 (Dec 15 2008 - 11:03:39)
CPU:   Freescale MCF5329 (Mask:54 Version:2)
       CPU CLK 240 MHz BUS CLK 80 MHz
Board: Freescale FireEngine 5329 EVB
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  32 MB