[U-Boot] ns16550: tegra: Specify debugging serial port at boot.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 8 22:29:57 CET 2012

Dear Stephen,

In message <4F590B25.8090503 at wwwdotorg.org> you wrote:

> > I don't like to see such highly architecture specific stuff in common
> > code, especially if it's such a dirty hack like this.
>
> Are there any hooks where we can do the same thing in SoC-specific code?

Not without additional trickery, but I think this is actually a good
thing.

The method implemented here is but a dirty hack, and should not be
used.

> The point of this information is to enable the kernel's earlyprintk
> support, which runs well before the device tree, or other mechanisms,
> are available.

Sorry, but I don't buy that this is the only possible way to do that.
Or how comes only tegra2 would need that, while all other SoCs and
architectures can do without it?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In the beginning there was nothing.
And the Lord said "Let There Be Light!"
And still there was nothing, but at least now you could see it.