[U-Boot] A few things for the release?

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Fri Mar 9 15:32:44 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a few more series that I hope will go in this time.

1. I think bootstage is ready

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/sjg/bootstage/

2. The generic board init series needs some updates to create
asm/sections.h for each architecture. This changes quite a few
patches, plus there is one that I can drop since Mike fixed s520_timer
already. So I will resend the whole series today. The is enabled only
by a config option.

3. For generic relocation, there is the issue of creating
lib/membasic.c (which is safe I think, but changes things for
everyone) versus using -ffunction-sections and possibly breaking some
boards. The latter solution is probably preferred in the long term,
but I'm not sure if Albert is keep on this happening now. See here for
details:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/142216/

Albert, can you please take a look?

4. I have created a bundle for the ARM link-script series as it is today:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/sjg/lds/

Albert you had some comments, the latest of which I answered here:

http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/142254/

Regadrs,
Simon