[U-Boot] Bug in cfb_console driver

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 10:54:02 CET 2012

On Saturday 10 March 2012 14:06:23 Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 March 2012 10:25:57 Anatolij Gustschin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:42:13 +0100
> > Pali Rohár <pali.rohar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, thanks. If you need some more info write me.
> >
> > Can you please test with attached patch? Does it help to solve
> > your problem on N900?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anatolij
>
> Hi! This patch solving problem on my N900.

Hi, I found a problem why code (without) this patch garbage display
output. I played with code in function video_draw_cursor and every
time when I tried to only read what is stored in *dest, on n900
dispaly was show some random white or blue pixel. This code not
working on n900:

static u8 foo;
for (y = firsty; y < lasty; y += VIDEO_LINE_LEN) {
	for (x = firstx; x < lastx; x++) {
		u8 *dest = (u8 *)(video_fb_address) + x + y;
		foo = *dest;
		*dest = 0xff;
	}
}

But if I commented assign foo = *dest; everything is OK.

So I think that reading memory of framebuffer on n900 does not working
(it also write something somewhere...) What do you think, where can be
problem?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com