[U-Boot] Targets in the Makefile, SPL and .img

jonsmirl at gmail.com jonsmirl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:46:38 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:32:39AM -0400, jonsmirl at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> If you make u-boot.img it doesn't also make in the SPL directory. Can
>> this get fixed before the next release?
>
> Can you elaborate?  This is working fine for folks as far as we can
> tell.  If doing a brand new (sub)arch you may need things similar to
> arch/arm/cpu/armv7/omap3/config.mk

Nothing is broken, it is just inconvenient.

Do 'make'
it builds u-boot.bin and spl/u-boot-spl.bin

Do 'make u-boot.img'
it builds u-boot.bin and u-boot.img, but not spl/u-boot-spl.bin

In our case we are concatenating spl/u-boot-spl.bin and u-boot.img and
we need the img header to know the length of the attached u-boot.

Maybe just add u-boot.img to the default make targets? Otherwise I
need to teach people to do 'make u-boot.img spl/u-boot-spl.bin'.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com