[U-Boot] BIOS EMULATOR driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 27 19:28:05 CEST 2012

Dear =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Viktor_K=F8iv=E1k?=,

In message <CAJxx_aysp3cO1CasSNgycqE_yDNiBcMRwJ7P6GGR6T-d9QbB-A at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> >> And even if it was, the combination of -ffunction-sections /
> >> -fdata-sections with --gc-sections should prevent any damages.
> Yes that's the main problem. Lots of code i unused. Basically
> everything except BootVideoCardBIOS, that is use in ATI video driver.
> I've got two solution of this problem. First, mark all unused code by
> some macro and compile it only conditionally or remove it. But I not
> sure if someone use this death code for debug purposes.

Did you check if you really find any such code in your linked image?
As I already explained, normally -ffunction-sections / -fdata-sections
with --gc-sections should make sure any unused functions get dropped
automatically.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I don't mind criticism. You know me. I've  never  been  one  to  take
offence  at  criticism. No one could say I'm the sort to take offence
at criticism -- Not twice, anyway. Not without blowing bubbles.
                                  - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_