[U-Boot] BIOS EMULATOR driver

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Mar 27 19:51:43 CEST 2012

Marek Vasut wrote:
> Sure, but I see no point in keeping such dead code in U-Boot code base. Aka. why
> keep functions in U-Boot that are never used?

I think what Wolfgang is trying to say is that no one has proven that
there actually IS any unused code.  The ATI driver needs the BIOS
emulator, so you need to enable support for the ATI driver to see what is
and is not actually used.  Just because it's not enabled currently in any
board, that doesn't mean that the code is useless.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale