[U-Boot] BIOS EMULATOR driver

Viktor Křivák viktor.krivak at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 00:46:57 CEST 2012

Dear Timur Tabi,

2012/3/27 Marek Vasut <marex at denx.de>:
> Dear Timur Tabi,
>
>> Marek Vasut wrote:
>> > Agreed, but I expected there was some dead code and that was the point I
>> > was trying to express ;-)
>>
>> Well, until you do a thorough analysis, you really have no idea if there
>> is any dead code at all.
>
> I don't ... but Viktor probably does and I believe that's what he wants to ask
> about.

Yes I do the analysis, actually only one method is used
(PCI_mapBIOSImage), but there are two other methods related to video
card. Booth in file drivers/bios_emulator/atibios.c (PCI_mapBIOSImage,
PCI_unmapBIOSImage). Nothing calls they but I think they can be
preserved too.

But there are a lots of other code which can be removed. For example
BE_mapRealPointer() from drivers/bios_emulator/biosemu.c or
BE_getVESABuf() from same file. So my question is: It is safe remove
dead code or somebody can use it for debugging purposes ? I've got
same problem with another driver so this is general question.

Best regards,
Viktor Krivak