[U-Boot] zImage and raw ramdisk support -- test

Robert Nelson robertcnelson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 21:30:08 CEST 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I need final test on as much platforms as possible. Can you please run these two
> following patches and tell me if they work with zImage and raw ramdisk for you?
>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/146848/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/147440/
>
> I can't promise they will make it to this release (I've been pestering WD pretty
> thoroughly (sorry about that), though I'm starting to be unhappy to merge this
> stuff at the verge of release myself).

Hi Marek,

These work great on my omap3 Beagle xM C / omap4 Panda, using a zImage
and initramfs..

Just added the two appropriate board configs, to enable it..
#define CONFIG_CMD_BOOTZ
#define CONFIG_SUPPORT_RAW_INITRD

and used todays u-boot git head:
http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=commit;h=7cb30b13f12077c7eec8ce2419cd96cd65ace8e2