[U-Boot] Query about Address line test in POST of Uboot

Bhorania Amit anbhorania at gmail.com
Wed May 2 08:00:45 CEST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bhorania Amit <anbhorania at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Subject: Query about Address line test in POST of Uboot
To: u-boot at lists.denx.de

Respected Sir,
                      I am understanding the code of POST for RAM. In the
comment of Memory.c file for Address line test.....It s written that

*"In the actual code, we start with address sizeof(ulong) since our test
pattern we use is a ulong and thus, if we tried to test lower order address
bits, it wouldn't work because our pattern would overwrite itself."*

Here if we try to test lower order address bits then why pattern gets
overwritten. I cant understand this. Please Explain me with example.
What happens if we start with value 1 ?

Thanks,
Amit Bhorania