[U-Boot] garbage in early serial output on at91sam9g20 after u-boot v2011.12

Alexander Dahl post at lespocky.de
Wed May 9 11:20:57 CEST 2012

Am 2012-05-08 23:15, schrieb Joey Oravec:
> When we hit a similar problem on a previous atmel chip, it was an
> unstable PLL. If you think the software is otherwise good check your
> PLL lock and verify your routing from the crystal to the pins for
> length and surrounding ground.

I tried on two or three boards which didn't have this problem with
previous versions of u-boot.

> Also verify your PLL register setting in case that changed between versions.

The hardware didn't change so I assumed there were changes in u-boot
between v2011.09 and v2011.12 causing this.

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)