[U-Boot] Adding dataflash support for at91sam9m10g45ek

Thad Phetteplace tdphette at gmail.com
Sat May 12 09:38:30 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I am trying to add dataflash support for the at91sam9m10g45ek to a
recent version of u-boot (2010.06 or later).  I have a patched version
of u-boot-1.3.4 from linux4sam that works, and a glance at more recent
code seems to show dataflash supported on other at91 boards in
versions >= 2010.06.  Using the linux4sam code and other atmel boards
as a reference, I've added dataflash support for the at91sam9m10g45ek.
 It almost works, but I'm getting occasional bad reads leading to CRC
failures and occasionally the SPI bus stops talking completely.  After
reviewing code, spec sheets, etc... I'm at a loss as why this is
failing.  I am mostly riding on top of the existing Atmel SPI
dataflash support already in u-boot, basically just adding some board
specific calls to init the SPI interface.  Anyone here have any ideas?
 Any known hardware issues I need to be working around?  Patches I
should be looking at?

Thanks,

Thad Phetteplace