[U-Boot] Question about md output

ffileppo at libero.it ffileppo at libero.it
Sat May 12 15:26:51 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I need to access data values stored in flash for integrity checking.

Thus, I would like to parse the output of md (memory display) and store its
output to enviromental varaibles.

For example, when invoking:

=> md 0x100000 1
00100000: 8083764e bd86200a 60a19054 2c12c402

I would like to store one ore more memory values in some env variables.

1) Is it feasible with the current uboot scripting features?

2) Would it be possible to modify the md command so that it also store its
output to env variables?

3) Or, would it be possible to modify the md command so that its output is
just a word value which can be used for uboot scripting capabilities?
e.g.

=> md 0x100000 1 2
bd86200a

=> md 0x100000 1 4