[U-Boot] R: Re: Question about md output

ffileppo at libero.it ffileppo at libero.it
Sat May 12 18:12:06 CEST 2012

>Ditto.
>
>Have a look at itest; if you still make no progress then please
>describe what you actually want to do, so we can show you how to do it
>efficiently - without need to modify code.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Wolfgang Denk

Dear Wolfgang,

thanks for your support.
Let me understand if I get this right.

for example, I have a block of 8 words, starting at 0x0:

00000000: a b c d
00000010: e f g h

where a is the crc32 computed on b,c,d,e,f,g,h

Within uboot, I would like to compute the crc32 of  b,c,d,e,f,g,h and compare
it with a.

-- Compute CRC and store at address 20
crc 1 7 20
-- Compare CRCs
if itest *0 == *20; then echo CRC ok; else echo CRC bad; fi

Is that correct?

Thanks and best regards,

FF