[U-Boot] [RFC] Make i2c probe opt-outable?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 18 23:52:06 CEST 2012

Dear Tom Rini,

In message <4FB69847.2090703 at ti.com> you wrote:

> Right.  I'm not suggesting removing i2c probe, I'm just suggesting
> making it opt-out'able.  For example, on the beaglebone I can make i2c
> probe work as expected.  It's just requring that we toggle the I2C_CON
> enable bit for some reason in probe, but not when we are actually trying
> to write to a bad address.  I'd like to just #undef CONFIG_CMD_I2C_PROBE
> for the board and be done with it.  Otherwise it lists (nearly) every
> address which is useless.

Can you use bit-banged I2C on these boards?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"IBM uses what I like to call the 'hole-in-the-ground  technique'  to
destroy  the  competition.....  IBM digs a big HOLE in the ground and
covers it with leaves. It then puts a big POT OF GOLD nearby. Then it
gives the call, 'Hey, look at all this gold, get over here fast.'  As
soon  as  the competitor approaches the pot, he falls into the pit"
                                                     - John C. Dvorak