[U-Boot] [GIT PULL RESEND] ext2load speedup

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 21 07:19:09 CEST 2012

Dear Jason Cooper,

In message <20120521013540.GM24238 at titan.lakedaemon.net> you wrote:

> I saw you were handling some pull requests and thought this might have
> slipped through the cracks.  This patch sat on the list for quite a
> while and has two independent testers reporting substantial success
> (included in the commit).

I accept only pull requests from the U-Boot custodians, who in turn
accept only patches posted on the mailing list.

You wrote before that you had updated the commit message, so I am
still waiting for you to re-post your patch.  A pull request from some
external repository is not sufficient - we cannot easily review and
comment the code then, and it does not get logged in patchwork.

> To my knowledge, there is no fs maintainer...

True.  Stuff like this has to be handled by me, unless some other
maintainer picks it up through the staging tree.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is impractical for  the  standard  to  attempt  to  constrain  the
behavior  of code that does not obey the constraints of the standard.
                                                          - Doug Gwyn