[U-Boot] Unable to use USB Keyboard on u-boot

Atul Kumar atulronu at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:13:53 CEST 2012

 Hi Marek,

       Thanks for your reply. I have added the CC to "*u*-*boot*@
lists.denx.de".

On Saturday 19 May 2012 08:35 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:

Dear Atul Kumar,

Firstly, I'm slightly unhappy how you're deliberately ignoring anything I tell
you, especially about CCing the mailing list :-(

  Hi Marek,

      I have tried to add some code here to enable usbkbd that is below.

-if (strcmp(stdinname, DEVNAME)) -- > replaced with below code

+ if (strcmp(stdinname, DEVNAME) == 0)
+                {
+                       // Can't use this, so set the stdin to usbkbd
instead
+                        setenv("stdin", "usbkbd");
+                }

 Where is this code, can you generate a proper patch? I can't locate it. Also,
why not use simple "setenv stdout usbkbd"?

 Here i have just shown removed line of code and added line of code but
still under testing. the command "setenv stdout usbkbd" does not give any
effect. tried in below sequence and other sequence too.

After stdio register

before strcmp

stdin name- serial

before over write

before console assign

before error test

scan end

scanning bus for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found

scanning bus for ethernet devices... Warning: failed to set MAC address

1 Ethernet Device(s) found

OMAP3 beagleboard.org #

setenv stderr usbkbd

OMAP3 beagleboard.org #

setenv stdout usbkbd

OMAP3 beagleboard.org #

setenv stdin usbkbd

OMAP3 beagleboard.org #

As the "setenv stdin usbkbd" is done i am unable to type any thing either
from usb keyboard connected to board or Host pc. Even keyboard LEDs are not
glowing.

    Can you suggest how i should procede.