[U-Boot] dfu in master?

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Fri May 25 18:59:57 CEST 2012

Hi
Thanks for the answer!

> I can "only" say, that it is under development. It will be available
> as a part of a composite USB gadget.
Wonderfull!
It's a nice coincidence that you are writing from a Samsung address.
Because the platform I'm trying to get u-boot working on is the GT-9100G.
(part of the Samsung Galaxy S2 series)

The GT-9100G is the only Galaxy S2 with an OMAP4430 on it,
and after soldering me a debugging cabel for getting access to the UART [1] ,
I'm now tinkering around on making u-boot start on the device.

I must say, of all the smartphones I received during the past few years,
this one makes to me the best impression from the point of electrical engineering.

Already the choice of the SoC (OMAP) which is my preferred chip because it's so well documented,
but then also the choice of the other parts for which mostly datasheets are available.

The more I analyze this specific hardware, the more I'm starting to love it.
I owe the engineers who have designed this board a beer I guess :-)

Maybe, if you are working within Samsung you could try to make the basic
support for this device in u-boot?

This would make more sense then me tinkering around on this deep level
without any plan how exactly I've got to mux the pins  in order to keep
the FSA9480 channeling the UART data lines onto D+ and D-
because I'm lacking the electronic schematics.

Best regards
	David

[1] http://blog.the-leviathan.ch/?p=408