[U-Boot] malloc failing in U-Boot

Sandeep Kumar Sandeep.Kumar at open-silicon.com
Wed May 30 08:18:15 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

Any update on the following query??

Thanks,
Sandeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Sandeep Kumar
Sent: 24 May 2012 17:53
To: u-boot at lists.denx.de
Cc: Sandeep Kumar
Subject: malloc failing in U-Boot

Hi Everyone,

I am facing some issue while using malloc on my system.
The "malloc" always fails even if I try to do malloc for 1 byte.
Did anyone faced the issue. Any kind of pointer will be very helpful.
I am getting the following error after enabling the "DEBUG".

dlmalloc.c:1656: do_check_chunk: Assertion `(char*)p >= sbrk_base' failed.
resetting ...

Following are a few debug prints:

U-Boot 2011.12 (May 24 2012 - 17:34:38)

U-Boot code: 60800020 -> 60824304  BSS: -> 60858D4C monitor len: 00058D2C
ramsize: 20000000
TLB table at: 7fff0000
Top of RAM usable for U-Boot at: 7fff0000 Reserving 355k for U-Boot at: 7ff97000 Reserving 640k for malloc() at: 7fef7000 Reserving 32 Bytes for Board Info at: 7fef6fe0 Reserving 120 Bytes for Global Data at: 7fef6f68 New Stack Pointer is: 7fef6f58 RAM Configuration:
Bank #0: 60000000 512 MiB
Bank #1: 80000000 512 MiB
relocation Offset is: 1f796fe0
WARNING: Caches not enabled
monitor flash len: 00028344

Reagrds,
Sandeep
<PRE><font size="2" face="calibri" color="blue">The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.If you are not the intended recipient of this message please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication and notify the sender immediately.It should be noted that any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking action or reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.</PRE>