[U-Boot] How to debug uboot code on Samsung S5pv210 chip by eclipse and JTAG?

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Wed May 30 12:27:07 CEST 2012

Dear 坚石,

>     Oh, I want to use eclipse to debug uboot .

All right, I have no experience with eclipse.

>     And the debugger is OpenOCD.

Ok, so you need to connect GDB backend to it somehow.

>     But I don't known how to establish the enviroment settings to
> uboot debugging.Because I should write some init script to close
> MMU,init DDR2,etc,then I can begin to connect the target.

Right, there's openocd TCL scripting stuff for that. You'd have to write the
correct registers before starting u-boot on the target. I dunno if the DRAM is
inited in U-Boot SPL or via some bootrom stuff on your platform. You can check
the former by analyzing u-boot code a bit, the later by looking into your
datasheet.

>     I used  1GB DDR2 and S5PV210 CPU in my paltform.
> Best regards,
> steven.
>
> 2012/5/29 Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com>:
> > Dear 坚石,
> >
> >>     I have found some tutorials to debug uboot an samsung 2440 and
> >>
> >> 6410 chip by JTAG .I also known I must write a init program or script
> >> first .But I don't known to debug uboot on S5pv210 and write the init
> >> DDR script.Anyone gives me a guide to establish the process.
> >>
> >>    Thanks.
> >
> > What does eclipse have to do with it?
> >
> > What debugger do you use? OpenOCD/BDI/Peedi/... ?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Marek Vasut

Best regards,
Marek Vasut