[U-Boot] How to debug uboot code on Samsung S5pv210 chip by eclipse and JTAG?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 30 12:44:26 CEST 2012

Dear =?GB2312?B?vOHKrw==?=,

In message <CAKM5mEg9rbi8yLsQfjawE74gh-eu9p7prSgP=TSX7P9RJiMQAw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>     I have found some tutorials to debug uboot an samsung 2440 and
> 6410 chip by JTAG .I also known I must write a init program or script
> first .But I don't known to debug uboot on S5pv210 and write the init
> DDR script.Anyone gives me a guide to establish the process.

Why would you need to initialize DDR though the JTAG debugger?

The common use of a JTAG debugger to debug U-Boot is _not_ to
initialize the system at all though JTAG, as this will be done by
U-Boot.  Just start the CPU out of reset.

Actually on quite a number of architectures U-Boot expects to find a
virgin CPU right out of reset, and any previous meddling with the
configuration may have unexpected (and usually adverse) effects.
Better don't do it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Many aligators will be slain, but the swamp will remain.