[U-Boot] How to debug uboot code on Samsung S5pv210 chip by eclipse and JTAG?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 30 16:02:45 CEST 2012

Dear Marek Vasut,

In message <201205301309.23163.marex at denx.de> you wrote:

> > Why would you need to initialize DDR though the JTAG debugger?
>
> The system has some BootROM, which does the DDR init. But without special header
> in the NAND, the DDR won't be inited ... that was my point about initing it via
> the debugger.

That's actually a different topic - how to install a U-Bootimage to
NAND.  The question here was how to debug U-Boot, so it seems a valid
assumption that there is actually some code to debug.  And in this
case the JTAG debugger is supposed not to mess with the initialization,
but leave the system alone so it run the same code you actually want
to debug.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Be careful what you wish for. You never know who will be listening.
                                      - Terry Pratchett, _Soul Music_