[U-Boot] USB mass storage gadget patch

victor victor at keyasic.com
Mon Nov 5 07:45:20 CET 2012

Lukasz,

>>> 2) Now I can use the patch and process till SCSI MODE_SELECT_6
>>> command, and then problem is encountered. Basically the SCSI
>>> MODE_SELECT_6 is sent to EP1 Out, then data is sent to EP1 out, and
>>> the fsg_main_thread only sees the data. I change the code to force
>>> the CSW.
>>
>>Can you explain further problems which you encounter?
>>
>>I'm using this UMS version internally (the version which you pointed out
with the link) for debugging our targets.

>>I'm using Debian Linux as a host with standard tools like dd and
parted/fdisk. I don't have any problems with it (even with debug messages
enabled).

>In cmd_usb_mass_storage.c, do_usb_mass_storage(), the while(1) loop, the
usb_gadget_handle_interrupts() will handle the interrupts that is triggered,
and received data
> from EP1 out, and bh-state >is set to BUF_STATE_FULL in
bulk_out_complete(). And then fsg_main_thread() in file_storage.c is called.
And then get_next_command() is called.
>And then start_transfer() is called. In that function, the bh->state will
be set to BUF_STATE_BUSY. Because of this change, for two consecutive data
from EP1 out, one data is missed.

>I can send the full source code to you if it is helpful. Thanks.

On further research into this, when receiving the SCSI_MODE_SELECT_6
command, in bulk_out_complete(), the bh pointer is 0x1b872e4

====== debug statement from console ======
0x43425355 0x507bc10 0x18 0x15060000 0x18000010 0x0 0x0
bulk_out_complete 0x1b872e4

Then, in get_next_command(), before calling start_transfer(), the bh pointer
becomes 0x1b87304.

This changes in bh pointer can cause data not to be processed by the usb
mass storage gadget code.

Regards,
Victor

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee). be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.
KeyASIC Inc.