[U-Boot] kwboot: Boot Marvell Kirkwood SoCs over a serial link.

Luka Perkov luka at openwrt.org
Sun Nov 11 09:29:44 CET 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 09:04:19AM -0500, Sam Bulka wrote:
> I understand the advantage of the tool when installed on a PC. But not
> the advantage of adding it to Uboot, since the tool is needed when
> Uboot is broken and doesn't work anymore. How would you use this tool
> from within Uboot, if you can't access Uboot prompt? :) And if you can
> access the prompt, then you can reflash Uboot or change its
> environment without this tool.

This tool must be used on PC and not in u-boot prompt. The sources for
this tool are in u-boot because it makes sense to put a tool like this
there. The tool is not compiled into u-boot binary.

There are other tools in the u-boot git repository that are not used in
u-boot but on the PC. Look at mkimage for example.

Luka