[U-Boot] Want to burn a u-boot to a customized board

narke narkewoody at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 10:04:41 CET 2012

Hi, List

I've just built an u-boot boot-loader based on the configuration of
smdk2410.  I built this by using buildroot, without additional
customizing and modifications.

My problem is, I want to use the boot-loader to boot another s3c2410
board which is a customized board cannot found configurations in the
u-boot source tree.  I don't have smdk2410 actually, I choose this board
just for making a good starting point.

My customized S3C2410 board looks not a strange one, it have common
components usually found on other S3C2410 boards, such as Flash, SD Card
Socket, Serial Ports and Ethernet interfaces.

My question is, if I download the boot-loader I just built for smdk2410
to my customized board, how much chance I can see it can boot the board
with success?  At this step, I don't expect I can load a Linux kernel
successfully, I just what to see it can boot and give me a prompt on the
serial console.

How much is that possible?

--
woody
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.