[U-Boot] MPC8306SOM U-Boot issue

Easwar Balasubramanian easwarnet at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:36:58 CET 2012

Hi,
    Im using a board similar to MPC8306SOM, We are using the same DDR, NOR,
NAND and Processor. Even the part number is not changed. We tried to boot
U-Boot from NOR flash, but there is no response on the Serial Console. We
checked the data lines and address lines, everything appears to be working.
We noticed that processor is keeping the chip select continuously. We
suspected the reset configuration word, but it appeared normal to.

So we thought trying NAND flash, we get "NAND boot...transfering control"
and nothing happens. We checked the jump address everything appears ok.
When we google it, we saw many others facing the same issue as we are
facing. Kindly guide us in what needs to be done.

Regards,
Easwar