[U-Boot] MPC8306SOM U-Boot issue

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 13 11:50:30 CET 2012

Dear Easwar,

In message <CANOwP4VriySb1xcf_Eyqt=vMZhO6v0vQc4Wxv7YkO2dzxbxvmg at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>     Im using a board similar to MPC8306SOM, We are using the same DDR, NOR,

Similar is not good enough.  If there are _any_ differences, you must
adapt U-Boot to these = port U-Boot to your hardware.  There is no way
around that.

OK, you can close your eyes, pray to <indert your favorite deity here>
and/or sacrifice a chicken - this may work, but more likely it
doesn't.  Or it appears to work, to fallon your feet all the harder a
few steps further down the road.

> When we google it, we saw many others facing the same issue as we are
> facing. Kindly guide us in what needs to be done.

You need to port U-Boot to your hardware.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
:       I've tried (in vi) "g/[a-z]\n[a-z]/s//_/"...but that doesn't
: cut it.  Any ideas?  (I take it that it may be a two-pass sort of solution).
In the first pass, install perl. :-) Larry Wall <6849 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>