[U-Boot] mips port

Dmytro Milinevskyy milinevskyy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 01:02:03 CEST 2012

Hi,
I'm new to uboot mips port and first decided to try it with qemu.
I've encountered some problems with UART, but I guess that's more qemu
issue(lsr reg is not updated when the line is available).

Another issue I faced was code execution after the relocation is done. The
address of board_init_r is not computed correctly(it was relative to boot
ROM address space/bfc00000).
Is it specific to qemu(I don't see the reference here though) or is it a
generic mips port issue? Attached patch allows me to proceed with the boot
in qemu.

And last - why do we need relocation at all with u-boot? Performance
constraints?

Thanks,
-- dmytro