[U-Boot] KernelDoc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 1 10:54:58 CEST 2012

Dear Marek Vasut,

In message <201209270138.12860.marex at denx.de> you wrote:

> > I think is kind of unfair to expect such efforts for some basicly
> > unrelated changes.  If I were in such a situation, I'd feel tempted to
> > throw the towel.
>
> Why would you do so ... you change interface, you document it.

Having to document not only my change, but all the rest of the source
file as well may mean I spend way more work on this doc task than on
the actual fix.

And while I may well understand the area I meddled with, I may not
easily understand the rest of the code, so this is twice hard and time
consuming.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The language provides a programmer with a set of conceptual tools; if
these are inadequate for the task, they will simply be  ignored.  For
example, seriously restricting the concept of a pointer simply forces
the  programmer  to use a vector plus integer arithmetic to implement
structures, pointer, etc. Good  design  and  the  absence  of  errors
cannot  be guaranteed by mere language features. - Bjarne Stroustrup,
"The C++ Programming Language"