[U-Boot] v2012.10-rc2 is now released

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Tue Oct 2 08:26:44 CEST 2012

Hi Tom,

On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 09:59:18 -0700, Tom Rini <trini at ti.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've tagged and pushed v2012.10-rc2.  It's a little later than I had
> intended, but I think we're still largely on track for -rc3.  That said,
> lets push -rc3 back to next monday and give a little more time between
> Albert's u-boot-arm PR being merged and the tag.  Speaking of, that's
> what I expect for the big changes to be between now and then:
>
> - Albert said he plans to have a PR ready by Thursday, that needs to go
>   in.

I am also expecting a Marvell pull request to come before thursday.
Prafulla?

> - It also NEEDS to have a resolution, for this release, for the
>   ARMv7/unaligned access/gcc 4.7 (and linaro 4.6) thing.

For 2012.07 there was a -mno-unaligned-access option added to all of
armv7 in a last-minute attempt to get the release working while a
solution was found, and after that no one seemed bothered enough to
handle things.

For 2012.10 we still don't have a solution but we have a root cause and
the long term solution is to get the compiler fixed, which implies
doing a patch -- I've got this effort started. Meanwhile, I see no point
in redoing for 2012.10 was was done for 2012.07, seeing how it ended up.
Therefore I will add -mno-unaligned-access only to the files which
require it. I'll send a patch later today for this.

> - Other pull requests of either fixes or things posted by the original
>   merge window closure that hadn't been picked up yet AND are obviously
>   correct or important bug fixes.  Otherwise we can hold them off for
>   the next branches.

> As a reminder, the next branch is open and I haven't seen any pull
> requests for that yet, aside from Marek on some of the pre-reqs for DM
> work.

I have see Tom's tegra pull. for my next. Priority for me right now is
the release.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.