[U-Boot] sram overflowed

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 09:58:26 CEST 2012

>> git clone git://arago-project.org/git/projects/u-boot-am33x.git
>
> This is definitely NOT what you want to use when somebody mentions
> "latest version".  This term always refers to top of tree in mainline
> U-Boot, see http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=summary  resp.
> git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git

Thank you for that.  There is some outdated info here:

"Upstream U-Boot(the one you can download from www.denx.de)'s SPL
support doesn't include the AM33XX chip, which is the one used in the
Beaglebone. Progress is being done as of December 2011 to get it
included. For this reason, we'll use a patched U-Boot provided from
TI."

http://dev.gentoo.org/~armin76/arm/beaglebone/install.xml

I did:

git clone git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git
cd u-boot
make am335x_evm_config
make
cp MLO /boot
cp u-boot.img /boot

but I get the following at boot followed by the u-boot command line prompt:

Loaded environment from uEnv.txt
Importing environment from mmc ...
** File not found /boot/uImage
ext2load - load binary file from a Ext2 filesystem

It seems like u-boot is missing the kernel commandline:

# cat /proc/cmdline
console=ttyO0,115200n8 ip=none root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootfstype=ext3 rootwait

I tried adding the following to uEnv.txt with no luck:

bootargs="console=ttyO0,115200n8 ip=none root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
rootfstype=ext3 rootwait"

Can you see what I'm doing wrong?

- Grant