[U-Boot] v2012.10-rc3 is now released

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Mon Oct 8 20:48:23 CEST 2012

Hey all,

I've tagged and pushed v2012.10-rc3.  We're on-track to release v2012.10
officially next Monday, the 15th.  Since -rc2 we have had:

- The ARM pull request merged.  This includes at least the must-have fix
  that Michael Walle pointed out among many other things.
- A number of outstanding fixes that had been pointed out.
- The netconsole filtering bugfix
- The workaround for ARMv6+ and the toolchain unaligned access issues.
  I have not rebased the next branch onto -rc3 and won't until Albert
  sends out the v3 of the longer-term solution (he mentioned a v3 on IRC
  today).
- The gcc warnings from yaffs2 have been fixed.

At this point I only want critical bugfixes going forward.  If
custodians would rather ack and assign patches to me in patchwork rather
than doing a pull request, I'm fine with that.  And please, please keep
on testing.  I've done MAKEALL's for eldk5.2 and arm/powerpc/mips,
current Linaro PPA gcc 4.7/etc for ARM a 32bit x86 toolchain I have
around for x86, and a quick build of sandbox.  I've only boot-tested a
few TI platforms however as that's all I have.

--
Tom