[U-Boot] sram overflowed

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:23:20 CEST 2012

>> > This is definitely NOT what you want to use when somebody mentions
>> > "latest version".  This term always refers to top of tree in mainline
>> > U-Boot, see http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=summary  resp.
>> > git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git
>>
>> Thank you for that.  There is some outdated info here:
>>
>> "Upstream U-Boot(the one you can download from www.denx.de)'s SPL
>> support doesn't include the AM33XX chip, which is the one used in the
>> Beaglebone. Progress is being done as of December 2011 to get it
>> included. For this reason, we'll use a patched U-Boot provided from
>> TI."
>
> Well, December 2011 is a long time ago.  As of v2012.10-rc1 am335x
> platforms are rather well supported in mainline, especially the
> beaglebone (which doesn't have NAND, the biggest gap between mainline
> and the u-boot-am33x.git tree, at least as of Dec 2011).  Using mainline
> and the toolchain you likely have from TI, or from Linaro (if you use
> v2012.10-rc3) or from ELDK 5.2 will produce functional binaries for your
> platform.

Thank you, I was able to boot the Beaglebone with mainline u-boot by
moving uImage to / and adding this to uEnv.txt:

bootfile="/uImage"

As an aside, I noticed omap3_beagle in board.cfg, so I tried 'make
omap3_beagle_config && make' but the resultant MLO and u-boot.img did
not work at all.  am335x_evm_config works fine, but I'm curious what
omap3_beagle_config is for if anyone knows.

- Grant