[U-Boot] U-Boot git usage model

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 11 09:17:14 CEST 2012

Dear Stephen Warren,

In message <50759C8C.3030509 at wwwdotorg.org> you wrote:

> The documentation of merge commits seems good to me just in an of itself.

Linus has commented a lot about this for Linux in the past. You may
want to dig this out from the archives.

In general, we should always fast-forward if possible.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"We don't have to protect the environment -- the Second Coming is  at
hand."                                                   - James Watt